Typo in CULA header causing compilation error?

General CULA Dense (LAPACK & BLAS) support and troubleshooting. Use this forum if you are having a general problem or have encountered a bug.

Typo in CULA header causing compilation error?

Postby Madeeks » Sun May 29, 2011 3:30 pm

Hello everyone,

just yesterday I installed Parallel Nsight 2.0 (on top of VS 2010), CUDA 4.0 and CULA R12 Basic. When I tried to compile the project I'm currently working on, among the warnings I usually get, I also got the errors:

1>d:\programmi\cula r12\include\culatypes.h(97): error C2236: unexpected 'struct' 'culaDoubleComplex'. Did you forget a ';'?
1>d:\programmi\cula r12\include\culatypes.h(97): error C2059: syntax error : '{'

Looking in the involved header, at the lines 89 thorugh 95 I noticed the following definition:
Code: Select all
// Match NVIDIA's cuComplex type for win32 systems
struct culaFloatComplex {
    union {
        struct { culaFloat  x, y; };
        struct { long long int :1,:0; };
    };
}

Thinking that the error on line 97 was probably due to a missing ; after the last bracket of this structure, I added the semicolon, the error vanished and the build process succeded.

I thought it was worth pointing this issue out, since I found no other related topic on the forums. Any thoughts about this?

Thanks for any insight provided,
Alberto
Madeeks

Re: Typo in CULA header causing compilation error?

Postby dan » Mon May 30, 2011 8:05 am

You're right, this struct does have a typo there. This particular issue will only affect win32 builds -- all other builds including win64 will be ok. The fix is what you described, simply adding a semicolon there. We'll push out a fixed build for win32 systems tomorrow.

Thanks for reporting this,

Dan
dan
Administrator

Re: Typo in CULA header causing compilation error?

Postby dan » Fri Jun 03, 2011 4:00 pm

I wanted to follow-up my previous message by noting that we did push a new build to our downloads page that solves this error, so you can feel free to keep your own fix or download that new version.

Dan
dan
Administrator

Return to CULA Dense Support