Strange BDSQR error

General CULA Dense (LAPACK & BLAS) support and troubleshooting. Use this forum if you are having a general problem or have encountered a bug.

Strange BDSQR error

Postby psillymathhead » Mon Jul 26, 2010 9:41 am

Hi, I have a complete wrapper for CULA on python called PyCULA. It is working well with all the routines except BDSQR. I am getting a ctypes type mismatch error for the sixth argument (supposed to be d) . I have been using the same bindings for all the CULA functions and this is the only one having a binding issue.

This error happened with one other routine in the 1.1 release where the arguments were incorrectly ordered in the Docs.

Can someone confirm the Docs are correctly stating the arguments for BDSQR with some working code?... I know it is not a terribly popular routine, but this error is keeping me from a complete release. Thanks.

Ubuntu9.10
CUDA3.1
CULA Prem 2.0
GTX295
psillymathhead

Re: Strange BDSQR error

Postby kyle » Mon Jul 26, 2010 10:15 am

Code: Select all
culaStatus culaSbdsqr(char uplo, int n, int ncvt, int nru, int ncc, culaFloat* d, culaFloat* e, culaFloat* vt, int ldvt, culaFloat* u, int ldu, culaFloat* c, int ldc);
culaStatus culaCbdsqr(char uplo, int n, int ncvt, int nru, int ncc, culaFloat* d, culaFloat* e, culaFloatComplex* vt, int ldvt, culaFloatComplex* u, int ldu, culaFloatComplex* c, int ldc);

I just double checked the docs and headers; xBDSQR looks correct there. Are you handling D and E as real types? These are always real outputs even for complex input.

Another issue might arise from the 5th parameter, NCC. The current version of CULA doesn't have support for the rarely used C matrix, yet. If there is value other than 0 for this value, a culaFeatureNotImplemented error is returned.

Hope this helps!
kyle
Administrator

Re: Strange BDSQR error

Postby psillymathhead » Mon Jul 26, 2010 11:30 am

Hmmm let me remove the C array from the code and see if manually setting its shape will fix.

psillymathhead

Return to CULA Dense Support