Runtime 17 error using CudaDeviceSgesv

General CULA Dense (LAPACK & BLAS) support and troubleshooting. Use this forum if you are having a general problem or have encountered a bug.

Runtime 17 error using CudaDeviceSgesv

Postby jpeinado » Tue Dec 29, 2009 5:43 am

Dear Sirs:

I started to use routine "CulaDeviceSgesv" routine, and I have the following problem.

This routine solves the linear system Ax=B. And needs A, B and the vector IPIV.

Well. I call the routine several (much) times inside a function that:

- allocates space for A,B,IPVIV

- Fill the values of A and B.

-Calls the function "CulaDeviceSgesv".

I want to avoid allocating the neccesary space for A and B in each call to my function. Then I defined A, B, and IPIV as static variables and the neccesary space is only allocated the first time that I call my function.

When doing this (allocating the space using A,B and IPIV in static variables), I received a runtime error using "CulaDeviceSgesv".

I received the "CulaDeviceSgesv", runtime error 17. And I dont know what it means.

Could you help me?

Thanks

jpeinado
jpeinado

Re:Runtime 17 error using CudaDeviceSgesv

Postby john » Tue Dec 29, 2009 11:26 am

Hello, I have to keep this brief because I am on holiday but I did want to say that culaRuntimeErrors are often directly mapped to CUDA error codes. In this case, error 17 is cudaErrorInvalidDevicePointer. Have you confirmed that all of your pointers remain correct across calls? Maybe somewhere else in your code is reusing those static names and rewriting your pointers with host addresses.

John
john
Administrator

Postby jpeinado » Tue Dec 29, 2009 1:43 pm

john wrote:Hello, I have to keep this brief because I am on holiday but I did want to say that culaRuntimeErrors are often directly mapped to CUDA error codes. In this case, error 17 is cudaErrorInvalidDevicePointer. Have you confirmed that all of your pointers remain correct across calls? Maybe somewhere else in your code is reusing those static names and rewriting your pointers with host addresses.

John

Thank you very much John, Now I am not in my work now, but I am thinking that its possible that you are right.

I started to think that CUDA/CUBLAS/CULA could be incompatible with the static variables.

jpeinado
jpeinado

Postby jpeinado » Wed Dec 30, 2009 1:46 am

Hello again:

You were right John. The problem was with a pointer.

Thank you very much

Jesus
jpeinado

Return to CULA Dense Support