error with cula in cublas

General CULA Dense (LAPACK & BLAS) support and troubleshooting. Use this forum if you are having a general problem or have encountered a bug.

error with cula in cublas

Postby kolonel » Wed Oct 28, 2009 11:53 am

Hi,
I am trying to use cula along with cublas library in a code which was working fine before. However, after inserting the cula commands I get this error massage:

"The procedure entry point cublasCtrmv could not be located in the dynamic link library cublas.dll"

What should I do?
If cula is compatible with cublas and c++?!

BTW, I am using windows XP 64, cuda 2.3, VS Professional Edition 2005

Thanks for any help or suggestion.
University of Alberta
kolonel

Re:error with cula in cublas

Postby john » Wed Oct 28, 2009 12:36 pm

Hello, I believe I can fix both this and your other problem simultaneously. The problem is that the CUDA 2.3 files that you have installed are being loaded instead of the copies we shipped with CULA. Ours are a special compilation by Nvidia and do not work with standard 2.3 runtime/cublas at the moment. Please ensure that CULA appears in your PATH/LD_LIBRARY_PATH before CUDA and it should be fine. Similarly you will want to check the same in your linker and include settings.

This issue should disappear with the release of CUDA 3.0.
john
Administrator

Postby kolonel » Wed Oct 28, 2009 1:32 pm

Thanks for the reply
I copied cublas.dll from cula's bin64, and it's fine now.
I checked the linker and include settings, however, I don't know how to check the LIBRARY_PATH, would you please give me a hint about that.
Thanks
University of Alberta
kolonel

Postby john » Wed Oct 28, 2009 2:45 pm

That's just a Linux thing I mentioned for completeness in case anyone else has the same trouble and finds this thread.

-John
john
Administrator

Return to CULA Dense Support