CULA is dead? also CUSOLVER vs CULA?

General CULA Dense (LAPACK & BLAS) support and troubleshooting. Use this forum if you are having a general problem or have encountered a bug.

CULA is dead? also CUSOLVER vs CULA?

Postby oscarbg » Wed Jan 14, 2015 1:54 am

Hi seems now CUDA 7.0RC is avaiable and we have even 6.0 compatible CULA still..
as said by others no Maxwell love?
as I see also CUSOLVER new library seems to have similar to CULA functions and being free assumes
CULA is dead, right? is Nvidia using CULA code and renamed to CUSOLVER or is a new library by Nvidia.. do you plan to compare to CULA..
thanks..
oscarbg

Re: CULA is dead? also CUSOLVER vs CULA?

Postby jgpallero » Mon Feb 23, 2015 7:10 am

oscarbg wrote:Hi seems now CUDA 7.0RC is avaiable and we have even 6.0 compatible CULA still..
as said by others no Maxwell love?
as I see also CUSOLVER new library seems to have similar to CULA functions and being free assumes
CULA is dead, right? is Nvidia using CULA code and renamed to CUSOLVER or is a new library by Nvidia.. do you plan to compare to CULA..
thanks..

Certainly, there is not so much activity in thos CULA forums, so I think also CULA is dead. It would be nice if a forum moderator answers.

And about cuSOLVER, I don't know if it uses the CULA code, but by now cuSOLVER has not the functionality of CULA. For example, cuSOLVER doesn't implement dposv(), dgels() and other driver Lapack routines.
jgpallero

Return to CULA Dense Support