Problem using cula cudaError_enum

General CULA Dense (LAPACK & BLAS) support and troubleshooting. Use this forum if you are having a general problem or have encountered a bug.

Problem using cula cudaError_enum

Postby triples » Wed Jun 12, 2013 12:59 am

Hey, I can't make it possible using cula library, I'm using version 17
[I'm using cuda version 5.0, GPU drivers compatible with cuda 5.0]

I'm trying to run system solver example, I run the inhibit example,
After compiling the output says: "The system cannot find the path specified" four times

after compilation, the solver program doesn't copy the Dll files, I do it by myself.

During running, every time I hit the culaInitialize() command I receive an tons on error messages in the vs8 output says:

First time exception at 0x75ca961 in systemSolve.exe Microsoft C++ exception: cudaError_enum at memory location 0x0027ff4...

First time exception at 0x75ca961 in systemSolve.exe Microsoft C++ exception: cudaError_enum at memory location 0x0027ff4...

etc.

2nd try, I tried to combine cuda and cula at the same project , again I receive the same error message at the culaInitialize() command

what shall I do in order to solve this ?

Cheers

S
triples

Re: Problem using cula cudaError_enum

Postby john » Wed Jun 12, 2013 5:34 am

Those exceptions are internal to CUDA, not to CULA. CUDA throws and handles them internally, so they can be ignored. These are more an "FYI an exception was generated" than anything. If you're in the debugger, you'll want to turn off "first chance" exceptions or the debugger will break on them (and there are lots and lots of them.) Plus, you wouldn't want to break on an exception that will be handled propery.
john
Administrator

Return to CULA Dense Support