Cula problem concerning Memory Free

General CULA Dense (LAPACK & BLAS) support and troubleshooting. Use this forum if you are having a general problem or have encountered a bug.

Cula problem concerning Memory Free

Postby chenlj » Mon Jul 02, 2012 7:38 am

Hello! I have encounted some problems when using the function "CulaShutdown". After solving a linear equation using Cula, I call the function "CulaShutdown", as shown in the Cula samples. Then, I use functions "free"and "delete" to free memory I "malloc" before using Cula. But the program could not run normally. The problem has someting to do with conflicts in the memory. It seems that a memory area is freed twice using different dynamic link libraries (dll). So I'd like to know what really happens when the function "CulaShutdown" is called, especially what is done to the memory in the function.
It would be kind of you to help me with this problem, since I've been dealt with this very problem for some time, and no progress has been made yet.
chenlj

Re: Cula problem concerning Memory Free

Postby john » Tue Jul 24, 2012 11:10 am

culaShutdown is fairly simple - it basically frees some internal memories, and if it is the last cula thread then it also calls cublasShutdown.
john
Administrator

Return to CULA Dense Support