CulaDeviceSsyevx

General discussion for CULA. Use this forum for questions, examples, feedback, and feature requests.

CulaDeviceSsyevx

Postby yukyhaha » Wed Jan 18, 2012 3:40 pm

hi everyone, I just have some questions about the parameters of the device function like CulaDeviceSsyevx(jobz, evrange, uplo, n, A, lda, vl, vu, il, iu, abstol, m, W, Z, ldz, ifail). i'm not sure which of the parameters should be from the variables in the device. it's not very clear in the documents.

In my code, i used the A, W, Z as from the device and the other parameters are from host. But that just got an error as "CUDA Error: invalid argument".
yukyhaha

Re: CulaDeviceSsyevx

Postby john » Thu Jan 19, 2012 7:14 am

If you call culaGetErrorInfo, it will tell you which parameter contains the error. That's probably the best place to start.
john
Administrator

Postby v7kubkzs » Tue Aug 21, 2012 11:38 am

I'm getting the same error from CulaDeviceGesvd. This is different than a bad parameter to CULA; that reports something like:
"Argument 11 is invalid (see the Reference Manual for more information)"
This one is reporting
"CUDA Error: invalid argument (see Programmer's Guide)"
and I don't know where to look for the answer.
v7kubkzs

Postby v7kubkzs » Tue Aug 21, 2012 12:11 pm

So, this error 11 apparently maps to cudaErrorInvalidValue, which still doesn't help me determine how/whether I'm calling CULA incorrectly.
v7kubkzs

Postby john » Wed Aug 22, 2012 5:30 am

This means your 11th parameter to GESVD has a problem, which points to LDVT. If you check the API Reference, you'll see that the size of VT (and therefore LDVT) are dependent on the job codes you supplied.
john
Administrator

Return to General CULA Discussion