Matrix equilibration

General discussion for CULA. Use this forum for questions, examples, feedback, and feature requests.

Matrix equilibration

Postby coruun » Tue Apr 30, 2013 1:24 am

Hello!

I wanted to try to convert some matrix calculations from MKL to CUDA. My problem involves some matrix multiplications and additions and finally the solution of a linear equation system.

Unfortunately, the condition of the matrix seems to be very high and the solution of the equation system with MKL's zgesv was unsuccessful. As a result of this, I switched to the expert driver zgesvx. This routine equilibrates the matrix and solves the resulting equation system.

So my question is, if there is a possible workaround or any plans to include routines for matrix equilibration (especially the routine ?gesvx or the general routine ?geequ would be of interest).

Best Regards,
coruun
coruun

Re: Matrix equilibration

Postby coruun » Fri May 10, 2013 11:29 am

Update: I wrote my own kernels to perform matrix equilibration (?geequ) and iterative refinement (?getrs) to recreate LAPACK's ?gesvx.
coruun

Postby siamon » Thu Dec 12, 2013 10:29 pm

Hello,

I would like to try CULA Sparse in an internally developed CFD code.
I tried the Academic version but our institution is not in you list of recognized academic institutions.
siamon

Postby rdokoye » Thu Oct 16, 2014 5:02 am

I guess there’s no legitimate alternative to converting matrix calculations from MKL to CUDA. But I’m going to continue looking, myself or just take the high leap.
Rdokoye
Technical Support Consultant
http://www.compuchenna.co.uk
rdokoye

Return to General CULA Discussion