Missing bin folders

General discussion for CULA. Use this forum for questions, examples, feedback, and feature requests.

Missing bin folders

Postby csert » Wed May 30, 2012 1:29 am

I downloaded and installed CULA Sparse S2 on a 64-bit Linux machine. In the PDF documentation there is the following information. However I can not see and bin (or bin32 or bin64) directories under /usr/local/culasparse

======
Note: CULA Sparse is built against NVIDIA CUDA 4.1 and ships with a copy of the CUDA 4.1 redistributable files. If you have a different version of CUDA installed, you must ensure that the CUDA runtime libraries shipped with CULA Sparse are the first visible copies to your CULA Sparse program. This can be accomplished by placing the CULA Sparse bin path earlier in your system PATH than any CUDA bin path.
======

Cuneyt
csert

Re: Missing bin folders

Postby john » Mon Jun 04, 2012 12:29 pm

Sorry for the confusion there, those are Windows-oriented paths. On Linux, if you substitute lib for bin and lib64 for bin64, then all should be correct. (i.e., on CULA for Linux, bin and lib are the same folder.)
john
Administrator

Re: Missing bin folders

Postby cuneytsert » Tue Jun 05, 2012 6:42 am

After finishing its job, the Linux installer suggests to add these missing bin folders to the PATH environment variable. This should also be corrected, I guess.
cuneytsert

Return to General CULA Discussion